Final training webinar for journalists on misinformation discusses developing a unified media action to address COVID-19
This is the final discussion of a series of 8 sessions held weekly from September 2020 to address misinformation and disinformation during COVID-19, a phenomenon which exacerbates the pandemic.
UNESCO Regional Bureau for Sciences in the Arab States, World Health Organization Eastern Mediterranean Regional Office, The UN Information Centre in Cairo and in collaboration with The American University in Cairo’s Kamal Adham Center for Television and Digital Journalism, cordially invite you to the final discussion, 8th webinar of a series of training webinars for media professionals on combatting misinformation and disinformation in the context of COVID-19.
The virtual session: Final Discussion: "Towards developing a unified media action to address COVID-19" will be held on Wednesday, 4 November 2020 at 3:00pm Cairo Local Time (GMT+2).
- H.E Dr. Magued Osman, Professor of Economics and Political Science , Cairo University, CEO of the Egyptian Center for Public Opinion Research (Baseera), and former Minister of Communications and Information Technology.
- Ambassador Dr. Kais Al Azzawy, Assistant Secretary General, Sector of Media and Communication, League of Arab States
- Mr. Maher Nasser, Director of the Department of Global Communications’ Outreach Division and the Commissioner- General of the United Nations at Expo 2020.
- Dr. Arash Rashidian, Director of Science, Information and Dissemination, World Health Organization – Regional Office for the Eastern Mediterranean
- Dr. Hussein Amin, Professor of Journalism and Mass Communication; Director of the Kamal Adham Center for Television and Digital Journalism, School of Global Affairs and Public Policy, The American University in Cairo.
Participants will be able to interact through the chat feature.
Register here to attend: : https://unesco-org.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUpcu6rqzMoGdKgtsGTUZUkHz9DHfGzJY0j
You will receive confirmation and connection details on your email upon registration.
The webinar will be held in Arabic. Simultaneous interpretation in English and French will be provided.
This is the final discussion of a series of 8 sessions held weekly from September 2020 to address misinformation and disinformation during COVID-19, a phenomenon which exacerbates the pandemic. Media professionals play an essential role in shaping information ecology, general debate and public awareness.